How to Play Online Blackjack at Slots.lv
Thanks to its low house edge, fast pace excitement and timeless Hollywood lore, Blackjack is a card game of enduring popularity; a beating heart of any land-based casino. But as we experience an unprecedented social shift, more players are staying home and creatively adapting to a new lifestyle. They are now challenging their skills with online Blackjack.
The online version of classic blackjack at Slots.lv doesn’t lose any of the classic charm you know and love. You’d be pleasantly surprised to discover the opposite is true! Thanks to our stunning, high-quality graphics and a clean, easy-to-use interactive interface, the online version of Blackjack at slots.lv gives you an unexpectedly authentic experience, whether you play on your mobile device, tablet, or desktop computer.
You don’t need to bring a wealth of experience or even have a deep understanding of the game. You can simply grasp the basics, try your hand, and get in on the action. So to get you up to speed, let’s talk about how online Blackjack works.
How Online Blackjack Works
Online Blackjack is a”one-on-one with the Dealer” rendez-vous. Here, the cards are shuffled with a Random Number Generator (RNG), which ensures that every card is dealt fairly and without interference.
Just like with traditional Blackjack, the main goal of online Blackjack is to achieve a higher score than the Dealer without exceeding a total of 21. You can make a series of actions based on your given cards and what you see from the Dealer’s cards, which we’ll go over shortly.
The cards are valued like this:
- Cards 2 to 10 are worth their face value
- Kings, Queens, and Jacks: value of 10
- Ace: value of either 1 or 11, depending which value helps the hand the best
Now, let’s talk about how the game is played on the Slots.lv interface.
When you play online Blackjack at Slots.lv, follow these steps:
- Place your bet by clicking on a chip value. Bets can range between $1 and $2500.
- After you place your bet, both you and the Dealer receive two cards. One of the Dealer’s cards is revealed.
- Look at your cards and the Dealer’s card and decide on your next move. These are your possible options, some of which may sound familiar:
- Hit if you want to be dealt one more card to increase the value of your hand. Try not to bust!
- Stand if you are confident you have a good hand and you are ready to face the Dealer’s hand.
- Split gives the player the option of splitting cards of the same value into two separate hands. Tip: You cannot play two Aces after they are split.
- Double Down lets you double your bet, then automatically gives you one additional card. Tip: Once you receive your additional card, you cannot hit again.
- Insurance side bet is available if the Dealer’s card is an Ace. Bet half of your original bet to protect yourself against a Dealer’s Blackjack.
- Surrender if you don’t like your first two cards. Surrendering will forfeit your original bet. Time to start afresh.
- If you have a total of 21 or less, you face the Dealer. The Dealer stands at 17 or higher. When the Dealer’s second hand is revealed, and neither you or the Dealer bust (have a total over 21), your hands are compared. The higher hand wins.
Now, remember that the ultimate goal of Slots.lv online Blackjack is to achieve a perfect 21 (Blackjack), or as close as possible to it.
That means you win the game if:
- You get a Blackjack (21) on your first two cards, while the Dealer fails to do the same
- You get a better hand than the Dealer, but not exceeding 21
- The Dealer busts (goes over 21).
The highest payout at Slots.lv for online Blackjack is 3:2 for a Blackjack, with any other winning hand offering 1:1. If you have a winning blackjack hand, you get paid $3 for every 2 that you bet, whereas a standard win in Blackjack earns you $1 for every $1 you bet for a total of $2.
Soft Hands and Hard Hands
That’s how you play the game. There’s a bit more to know, though, unless you like sailing on pure luck. We’d like to give you a bit more strategy!
The type of hand you have (soft or hard) will have a big effect on your strategy. So what do they mean?
If one of the two cards you’re dealt is an Ace, this is called a soft hand. That’s because an Ace can either be 1 or 11, depending on convenience. This gives you more room as far as what your next move will be.
For example, let’s say you have an Ace and a 5. With these two cards, your total can be either 6 or 16, depending on what serves you best in that round.
A hard hand means that you don’t have an Ace. The total is the numerical value, as we’ve described above. So let’s say you have a 5 and a King: your “hard” total here is 15.
Now you’ve got that down pat, let’s get into strategy.
Optimal Online Blackjack Strategy
The great news with online Blackjack is that the house edge is super low at around .5%. This makes it one of the best games to play at Slots lv. To get such a good house edge, however, you need to follow the optimal Slots.lv strategy.
The basic strategy in online Blackjack relies on what the Dealer is showing and what you have in your hands. Many players consult a detailed chart which tells them exactly what move to make in any given situation, which we’d definitely recommend as you’re beginning to find your bearings and your pace.
In the meantime, you can follow these more generalized rules to maximize your initial odds of playing a winning game of online Blackjack at Slots.lv:You know the name, but do you know the game? Step inside, and learn how easy it is to play online blackjack at slots.lv,when tohit, stand and double down on your way to 21.
- Surrender if your hand is hard 12-17, and the Dealer’s is 9,10 or Ace, or; if your hand is 14-16 and the Dealer’s is 10. If you surrender, 50% of your initial bet is returned.
- Double down when
- your cards total 11
- when you have soft 16,17, or 18
- when you have hard 9 or 10
- Split pairs of Aces or 8s, regardless of the Dealer’s card. Never split if you have 4s, 5s or 10s.
- Hit with a hard hand until you reach 17. Don’t hesitate to hit totals of 14,15, or 16.
- Stand with a soft hand with 19, 20 or 21, or when the Dealer hits on soft 17. Also, if you hold a soft 18, stand if the Dealer shows a 2, 7 or 8.
If that sounds like a plan you can run with, then you’re all dressed up and ready to go headlong into the exciting world of online Blackjack at Slots.lv! Just login to your account, place your bet, refer to our handy how to play guides, and enjoy the best game in town with the lowest house edge!